Benefits to club membership include:
- Club shooting event every Sunday
- Many other shooting opportunities (see calendar)
- Access the premises at other times (once trained)
- Help and advice from our experienced Instructors
- Membership includes membership of our national governing body, the NZ Field Archery Association (NZFAA).
Our membership year runs from 1st February to 31st January:
- Adult (18 years+) $150
- Youth or Gold Card holder $110
- Adult (18 years+) half year $90 (after 1st August)
- Youth or Gold Card holder half year $70
- Affiliate membership also available for members of another archery club, please enquire.
We require members to follow all safety rules, at all times. These include, but are not limited to:
- Arrows must only be shot at a target, when all other people are alongside or behind the shooter
- Under no circumstances should arrows be shot upwards, into the air
- When shooting a course, archers should proceed only in a ‘forward’ direction towards the next target in sequence
- Archers may not enter or leave a ‘live’ course, during an event
- Archers may not shoot under the influence of alcohol or other drugs
- Members displaying unsafe or antisocial behaviour will be asked to leave the course. Repeat offence or gross misconduct may result in membership cancellation.
- No shooting allowed on Tuesdays or Wednesdays before 1pm
- Crossbows not to be used at any time on club premises.
Although the club will endeavour to ensure the highest possible safety standards, KCAC will not be held responsible for the actions of individual members or guests. Members accept responsibly for their own actions, particularly with regards to their safety and the safety of others or their property.
Membership applications will be accepted from people who have already attended a KCAC training course or who have come from another club and can demonstrate that they are already experienced, safe archers. Indeed, most people attend on a casual basis for a few weeks before joining.
NB: applications “out of the blue” from unknown applicants will not be processed until they have attended in person and been vetted for safety by our club Instructors.
The KCAC Membership form can be found here.